Campervan Insurance Advice
While buying insurance is no fun, it is necessary, whether you own a home or a campervan. When it comes to a campervan, it goes without saying that you have made a serious financial commitment. Hence, it makes sense to look after and ensure that you have adequate insurance coverage.
Usually when it comes to buying insurance, it is tempting to go with the cheapest insurance quote, as no one wants to shell out more money than needed. However, the cheapest insurance may not be the best for you or your campervan. You will only find out how good your insurance is when you are making a claim and cheap insurance is notorious for rejecting and disallowing claims.
Campervan insurance policies vary quite a bit. Each policy will offer different kind of coverage and could be a difference in the claim service standard too. It is good to have a checklist when you are looking for campervan insurance. This will ensure that you get the best protection and coverage that you can afford and one that suits your needs.
Camper Insurance Advice
- Get insurance quotes from multiple insurance providers. Compare the amount of coverage each company is providing. The more comprehensive the insurance policy, the better it is.
- If you intend taking the campervan abroad, find out how it will affect your insurance. You need to know whether the amount of coverage stay the same or will it change.
- Do take time to read the fine print. This will give you a clear indication as to what is covered and what is not. You will regret it later if you don't when making a claim.
- If you are entitled to a discount, make sure you ask for it. For instance, if you use the campervan occasionally, you can opt for mileage restriction and get a discount.
- Make sure that you inform the insurance company of any additional safety measures, such as alarm or steering wheel lock that you may have installed. This could get you a discount if the safety devices are approved by the insurance company.
- Consult family members and friends about their experience of buying insurance for their campervans.
- Find out whether the insurance company has a loyalty program where the company gives a discount to customers who stay with them for specific number of years.