The Alaskan camper also known as The Alcan Camper is a simple yet dramatic breakaway from the bulky profile of the average pick up camper.
The original Alcan Camper which was later called the Alaskan camper was designed in 1953 for the purpose of conquering the Alcan Highway.
Outdoorsmen searched for a camper that would give them protection from the rain and cold, travel rough terrain, be lightweight, and present the least wind resistance on the road, and so in answer to these requirements this Alaskan camper was built.
Features Of Alaskan Camper
The Alaskan Camper (ALCAN Camper) provides luxury, and convenience with the benefit of mobility. They are the most rugged, functionally designed campers available. One of the noticeable features of the Alaskan camper is its patented telescopic system which gives the camper the benefit of raising and lowering its top.
Benefits Of Alaskan Camper
- This Top Up - Top Down design means that down, the camper is ready for traveling with less air drag from any direction. In the down position, you eliminate fourteen square feet of area in the front and twenty-six square feet of area on each side. That means better gas mileage and better control in high-wind situations. It also means that UP the camper gives 6' 4" head room and even this can be increased.
- A second benefit of lowering the top is a stable, safe ride because the center of gravity is lower, which greatly reduces rocking and swaying.
- The Alaskan Camper (ALCAN) has two inches of sprayed-in urethane foam insulation that gives it the finest insulation with “R” value. It also has teak interior with solid teak doors and drawer fronts.
- Another feature that sets it apart from the others is its hot water base board heating system that both quietly heats the camper and provides water without producing a heavy electrical drain on the camper’s battery.
- The advantage of the low profile is when you are on one of those tight mountain trails or winding your way down to your favorite fishing spot, not only can you go under a lot of those low-hanging branches, but because the camper closely follows the profile of your truck, you won’t lean and tilt into trees, rock outcropping, or other obstacles.
- The Alaskan camper also features Alumashield construction which was exclusively developed for the ALCAN. The Alumashield is two layers of Aluminum with a polyethylene core that are bonded to a bonded aluminum frame, which results to lighter weight and greater strength, and no warping.
- The Alaskan Camper (ALCAN) can go where others can’t. You can drive safely at any legal speed with the least drag and sway saving fuel with every mile. The Alaskan camper is transformed in just seconds from compact to roomy walk-in living quarters. There is comfort and convenience of an insulated, weather-tight, high ceiling (6, 4”) camper with no canvas for side walls. The Alaskan Camper (ALCAN) has been tested and proven on the Alcan Highway and around the world.
So whether you like the great desert, lakes, streams, mountains, ocean shores, open spaces and clear skies, or RV parks, or just simply traveling, these Alaskan campers will get you there in style without emptying your pockets.